Friday, February 28, 2014

Anna Maria Tout est Fini

Helping the Old Lady up at the final sunset viewing. 

Or at least set tout fini for this year.  We have booked the same house for February 2015.  We haven't had any specific or unusual adventures in the past 2 weeks.  

I took a watercolor class that was the worst.  Half the class did not return for the second week.  Those that did return were complaining and taking charge of events before the teacher arrived.  I did not go for the final class.  The teacher gave no instruction, spent most of the class showing his work and rearranging a sickly coleus plant.  I did continue to experiment some at home.  

Wayne and I went to the Cortez Fishing Festival where there was far, far more Budwiser than fish.  The live music was nice and I bought a neat batik t-shit of a Great Blue.  We also play golf twice which reminded me of how much I love the game I abandoned 10 years ago.  

We went to some nice restaurants that are worth mentioning and remembering:  Euphemia Hay on Longboat Key, Island Creperie in Bradenton Beach, and the Crab and Fin on St. Armand's Circle.  Crab and Fin had wonderful octopus and wins the best dining award.  We watched a couple of sunsets from Anna Maria beach, and I spent about an hour on the Tampa Bay beach one afternoon.  Otherwise, the weather and our location discouraged daily beach visits.  

Mostly, we simply enjoyed the relaxed pace of life, the beautiful beaches and ability to walk most places.  Having a pool table (and a swimming pool) are nice additions to the house and provided hours of entertainment.  

Photos at flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback with love is always welcomed.